Nazareth Physician Services Recognized for Excellent Care
Northeast Philadelphia, PA -Independence Blue Cross (IBC) has recognized the Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia office of Nazareth Physician Services – a Mercy Primary Care location – for providing excellent patient care. The practice ranked #1 in IBC's Quality Performance Score Measure Program.
The Quality Performance Measures track preventive care and management of chronic diseases, including:
- childhood and adolescent immunizations; child and adolescent well visits;
- cancer prevention in the areas of breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screenings;
- heart care (cholesterol management for patients with cardiovascular conditions);
- asthma care (use of control medications for patients with chronic persistent asthma);
- diabetes care (HbAlc testing, LDL testing, eye exam rates, and nephropathy screening).
The staff of the Cottman Avenue office -- Yasser Khoudeir, MD, FACP; Winifred (Winnie) Waters, RN; and Elaine Hessert, PSR – received a plaque from IBC marking their achievement.
"We are proud of the quality care that our physicians and staff provide on a daily basis to our patients. This well deserved award is proof of the Mercy Primary Care office's commitment to excellence and to improving the health status of the population of Northeast Philadelphia. We thank them for their dedication and service to our mission," said Deborah Leonard, Vice President of Physician Practices for Mercy Health System.