How to Apply for the Diagnostic Radiology Residency
The Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program at Mercy Catholic Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program for the residency application process.
All applications must be made through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications received by fax, email or mail will not be accepted.
Applications are accepted through ERAS only (no paper applications).
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one departmental letter)
- Successful completion of both Steps I, II CK & II CS (prefer 200 or above) or COMLEX
- Valid ECFMG Certification, if applicable
- All residency candidates must fulfill Mercy Catholic Medical Center Employment Requirements
- International Medical Graduates: There are no specific core requirements. See below requirements.
Institutional Policy on VISA Status
MCMC accepts J1, H1B and EADs as indicated below:
- J1 Visas: Mercy Catholic Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency position.
- H1B Visas are sponsored on a limited base.
ERAS applications will be reviewed by the Program Director based on academic performance, passing USMLE scores, letters of recommendation and clinical and/or research experience. An invitation for an interview will be extended by e-mail to qualified applicants. Interviews begin in late-October and continue through January.
Residents enrolled in Mercy Catholic Medical Center programs must be licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine. The Office of Graduate Medical Education will provide you an application at the time you match to the Program.