How to Apply for the Internal Medicine Residency
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Mercy Catholic Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program for the residency application process.
All applications must be made through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications received by fax, email or mail will not be accepted.
Applications are accepted through ERAS only (no paper applications).
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae (If you have completed an internship, please indicate in experience)
- Clinical Experience (continuous clinical experience since medical school graduation; observerships/externships are not considered clinical experience)
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one departmental letter)
- Successful completion of both Steps I, II & II CS-USMLE or COMLEX
- Valid ECFMG Certification, if applicable
- All residency candidates must fulfill Mercy Catholic Medical Center Employment Requirements
- International Medical Graduates: There are no specific core requirements. See below requirements.
Institutional Policy on VISA Status
MCMC accepts J1, H1B and EADs as indicated below:
- J1 Visas: Mercy Catholic Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency position.
- H1B Visas: The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is limited.
ERAS applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and are based on academic performance, passing USMLE/COMLEX I, II & CS scores, letters of recommendation and clinical experience. An invitation for an interview will be extended by e-mail to qualified applicants. Interviews begin in late-October and continue through January.
International Medical Graduates