GME Colleague Benefits
Highlights of employee benefits include the following programs. Benefits start on day one of training and have no waiting period. Residents are provided benefits that begin on July 1, and are given a full 30 days to review and choose benefits that are appropriate.
- Health benefits in either a PPO or HMO plan
- Dental benefits
- Vacation, sick, excused absence: PGY I interns have 15 compensated working days per contract year, which include vacation, personal time off, continuing education and sick days. PGY-II and above level residents have 20 working days per contract year.
- Leave of Absence: Medical, Family (FMLA): Eligible residents may take a total of up to 12 weeks of FMLA per rolling 12-month period.
- Disability coverage: Supplemental short- and long-term disability coverage is available.
- Malpractice insurance at no expense to residents in a form and in amounts not less than those required by the Pennsylvania Health Services Care Malpractice Act.
- A recently renovated resident lounge
- Free meals at hospital cafeteria
- Free parking
- Carebridge Work-Life and Employee Assistant Program (EAP) Counselors and publications can help with child care, eldercare, college planning, relocation, adoption, personal financial management, family or relationship counseling, depression or anxiety, grief and loss, time management and stress management. Services are available to benefited employees at no cost.
Residents also are provided an educational allowance consistent with their PGY level and program. Residents who participate in scholarly activity can request additional funding for the cost of expenses for conferences, posters or publications among other expenses.
This benefit summary is intended for informational purposes only. An employee contribution is required for some benefits such as health, dental and disability coverage. Contents are subject to change. Details of any benefit can be discussed with a Human Resources representative.