Nazareth Hospital School of Nurse Anesthesia's first year students bring various backgrounds and experiences, which contributes to the ever-widening circle of influence and prestige, while indicating sustained growth and accomplishment.
The student anesthetist, today, must present with an ever-increasing sophistication of training and background, to qualify for the coveted position of Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist. The candidate must have completed a baccalaureate degree in nursing, mastered the certification exam for nurses, completed two years of "critical care" nursing and attained additional certificates of excellence.
The 27 month-long program operates in conjunction with Saint Joseph's University, City Line Avenue, Philadelphia, PA. A Master's of Science in Nurse Anesthesia degree and the qualifications to sit for a certification exam administered by the credentialing body of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, is conferred on the graduate after successfully completing an arduous but highly rewarding program of study.
The clinical experience is rich and varied, it reflects adaptation to address an ever-increasing change in the patient population at large and anesthesia requirements. Students today manage and care for complex and challenging anesthetic needs. Rotations at various affiliates offer a diverse and necessary exposure to multiple levels of technical skills. The sites are located in the immediate Philadelphia and surrounding areas. These sites include:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
- Aria-Frankford Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center, Pottstown, PA
- Saint Francis Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey (CHE)
- Saint Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, PA (CHE)
- Vineland Regional Medical Center, New Jersey
- Capital Health, Trenton, NJ
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Doylestown Hospital, PA