Physician Opportunities: Thoracic Surgery
The scope of practice encompasses all areas of general thoracic surgery exclusive of transplantation. Board Certified/Eligible, Thoracic Surgeon, our ideal candidate will be a fellowship trained Thoracic surgeon.
Mercy Health System is a mission driven hospital system and we believe that spiritual care plays an important part in the healing process and Mercy Health System members strive to meet the spiritual needs of people of all faiths and religions.
Physician is a full time employee and as such is required to spend an average of 40 hours per week (minimum of 36 hours of direct patient care) performing the duties of this position.
- A minimum 36 direct patient care hours per week attending to scheduled, and where required, unscheduled outpatients in a primary care practice setting including evening hours.
- Perform all clinical procedures within the scope of training and scope of expertise.
- Perform Thoracic surgeries on the organs and structures located in the chest and throat.
- Other clinically related administrative responsibilities as required to adhere to high quality clinical standards.
- Communicates directly, clearly and regularly with other practice physicians on clinical and practice management issues so as to facilitate good patient care and efficient operations of the practice.
- Treats all practice employees with respect and communicates with all practice employees in a professional manner.
- Provide telephone and where required on-site clinical call coverage for the outpatient practice on a rotational basis with the other physicians in the practice.
- Completes all outpatient chart documentation by the completion of the clinical session utilizing the electronic medical record application.
- Complies with all policies and procedures promulgated by the employed physician network management including the Policy and Procedure Manual for Outpatient Practices.
This employed position includes a competitive salary and incentive, including malpractice coverage, paid vacation and CME, health and dental insurance, a 403(b) plan. Located in the northwestern suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington, DC are also just a short drive away.
Submit your CV to:
Mercy Health System
One West Elm Street, Suite 100
Conshohocken, PA 19428