If you or a loved one is faced with an advanced or life-limiting illness, Mercy Home Health is here to help! What’s most important to our patients and their families? Knowing they have choices that provide peace of mind and a better quality of life by receiving physical, spiritual, and emotional support from the Mercy team.
Through a partnership with Palliative Medical Associates, Mercy Home Health’s team of nurses, therapists, social workers, personal care aides, and MercyFul Companions work with patients and their families to provide symptom relief, pain management and spiritual support. We offer our Palliative Care services throughout the five-county Philadelphia area.
How Can Palliative Care Help?
- Helps manage pain and symptoms such as shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite and sleeplessness
- Improves the ability to continue activities of daily living
- Helps patients and families with long-term planning
- Helps patients and families better understand their medical conditions
- Provides emotional and spiritual support
Common Diagnosis for Patients Receiving Palliative Care Include (but not limited to):
- Dementia, such as Alzheimer’s Disease
- Heart disease
- Kidney failure
- Lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Palliative Care Services Provided:
- Advanced Pain Control
- Symptom Management
- Shortness of Breath
- Anxiety and Agitation
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Secretion Management
- Psychosocial Support/Counseling
- Spiritual Counseling