Welcome to Mercy Philadelphia Hospital
Mercy Philadelphia Hospital proudly serves our West and Southwest Philadelphia communities. Thank you for choosing us for your healthcare needs. We are committed to serving you, your family and loved ones with the highest quality care.
Mercy Health System hospitals support the philosophy of open visiting hours (24 hours a day/7 days a week) when possible. To ensure the well-being and safety of our patients and caregivers, we ask you to please follow our visitation policy:
- Mercy Philadelphia Hospital does not allow visitors under the age of 13 (18 for Intensive Care and Critical Care Units). Exceptions to this policy can be made by the treating healthcare provider for end-of-life and other humanitarian situations.
- For the sake of all our patients please do not visit if you are sick. If you have fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
- Visitors are limited to three (two in Intensive Care and Critical Care Units) per patient per visiting period. This applies to inpatient rooms and when accompanying patients to the emergency department. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Visits should be kept short. Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere in the hospital.
General Visiting Hours
Open Visiting Hours
Between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., a call will be made by security to the clinical units if a visitor wishes to visit during these hours. Visitors will only be permitted if the patient is awake and able to receive visitors.
Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit Visiting Hours
Open Visiting Hours
We kindly ask visitors to exit the unit from 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. to allow for nursing report and to assure patient confidentiality.
Psychiatric Unit Visiting Hours
Monday through Friday: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Sunday: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.