Key Dates for the Health Insurance Marketplace
The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. There are things you can do to start getting ready now, and some upcoming key dates you should mark on your calendar.
- 2014 Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Ends December 31, 2014
- If you are happy with your current Marketplace plan and want to keep it - and your income or household size have not changed - you don't need to do anything. The Markeplace will automatically re-enroll you in your existing plan.
- If you want to select different cover or you are being covered for the first time, to ensure coverage begins January 1, 2015 you must select new coverage by December 15, 2014.
- Open Enrollment runs - November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015
- Work-based insurance and Medicare have different enrollment periods.
- You can apply for Medicaid at any time.
Visit HealthCare.gov now
• Sign up for email or texts to get the latest news and reminders of important dates.
• Find out what you may qualify for or to get answers to your questions.
• Learn more about what you can do to get ready for the Marketplace.