Experience the Difference da Vinci® Surgery Can Make
If you’re having a urologic, gynecologic, general surgery, colorectal or a
Bariatrics & Weight Loss procedure, you may be a candidate for the new da Vinci Surgical System at Mercy Suburban Hospital. Da Vinci is a sophisticated surgical platform that lets surgeons perform complex and delicate procedures using a minimally invasive approach through just a few small incisions. As a result, you may get back to your normal routine faster— without the usual recovery that follows major surgery.
You may even be a candidate for Single-Site — find out here.
Learn more about the da Vinci surgery options at Mercy Suburban. Call 1.877.GO MERCY (1.877.466.3729) today.
How Does da Vinci Surgery Work?
- The da Vinci System consists of an ergonomic surgeon’s console, a patient-side cart with four interactive robotic arms, a 3D HD vision system and miniaturized instruments
- The surgeon controls the da Vinci System, which translates his or her hand movements into precise movements of tiny instruments inside the body
- Through a few small incisions, he or she uses the console’s master controls to move the patient-side cart’s four robotic arms
- These arms securely hold the patented EndoWrist® instruments and high-resolution camera. The instruments’ jointed-wrist design exceeds the natural range of motion of the human hand
The da Vinci Surgical System lets surgeons perform minimally invasive procedures, even those that involve complex and delicate dissection or reconstruction.
Has da Vinci Surgery Been Tested?
Over the past decade, more than 1.5 million da Vinci Surgeries have been performed in major clinical centers around the world. And you can feel confident knowing that clinical studies support its effectiveness in minimally invasive surgery. There are thousands of peer-reviewed publications discussing the safety and effectiveness of da Vinci surgery.
What Does it Mean for Me?
With da Vinci surgery, you could have:
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Fewer complications
- Faster return to normal activities
Even Faster Recovery with Single-Site Surgery
Mercy Suburban Hospital also uses the da Vinci Surgical System to perform complex, minimally invasive procedures using the Single-Site method. With robotic assistance, our expert surgeons can fix a wide-range of conditions through a tiny, single incision in your belly button. In addition to all the benefits of regular da Vinci surgery, Single-Site surgery is almost scar-free.
What’s the Difference Between Regular & Single-Site da Vinci surgery?
|Regular da Vinci surgery
||Single-site da Vinci surgery
|A single incision in your belly button where instruments are placed and the diseased or damaged organ is removed
||3-5 small incisions
Can I Get Single-Site Surgery?
Our surgeons typically recommend Single-Site surgery for patients who are candidates forlaparoscopic (minimally invasive) procedures. Patients who choose Single-Site over laparoscopic surgery are able to get back to doing what they love much sooner. Mercy Suburban Hospital provides Single-Site surgery for:
- Hysterectomy (removal of uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
© 2011 Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuitive, Intuitive Surgical, da Vinci, da Vinci S, da Vinci Si, Single-Site, InSite, TilePro and EndoWrist are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. PN 871071 Rev E 04/11