Test Preparation Instructions
Contrast dye may be injected into your arm. If you have severe allergies or asthma, please let your doctor know.
Coronary CT Angiography
NO caffeine 24 hours prior to the study. NO food three hours prior to the study, except for medications. NO impotence medication should be taken within 24 hours. Let physician know of any history of kidney problems or contrast dye allergies.
- Abdominal & Gall Bladder: NO solid food for eight hours preceding your scheduled appointment.
- Pelvic (Pregnancy or Bladder): Drink (4) eight-ounce glasses of water one hour before your scheduled appointment. Do NOT empty your bladder.
- Upper GI study or small bowel: Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Inter Venous Procedure (IVP) or Barium Enema: Be sure to get instructions and medication at least three days before your appointment.
Do not wear any deodorant, body powder, perfume, or lotion on the day of the exam. Please bring your last mammogram films with you if they were not formerly done at one of our locations.
Bone Density (DEXA)
NO minerals, calcium, or vitamins one day prior to the exam.
- Cardiac Stress: Light cardiac breakfast, NO caffeine, NO potassium
- Thyroid: Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Gallbladder: Fast for two hours before your appointment
- Gastric Emptying: Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.