Pain Management at Mercy Fitzgerald
Pain Management Services at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital aim to eliminate or reduce pain and improve functional ability at home or at work. The comprehensive treatment options represent the best combination of interventional pain procedures and exercise therapy.
The goals of treatment include:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Avoiding or eliminating the need for surgery
- Decreasing the dependency on pain medications
- Earlier return to work and activities of daily living
The Pain Management program treats the following types of pain:
- Painful spine conditions including acute and chronic neck, thoracic, and low back pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Pain associate with degenerative spine conditions
- Elbow, shoulder, knee and hip pain
- Back pain following spine surgery
- Pain secondary to reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the arms and legs
- Shingles pain
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Rib pain
Types of Pain Treatment
The patient's treatment program, which starts with an office consultation, is administered on an outpatient basis at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, and may include:
- Epidural steroid injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Facet joint blocks (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Radiofrequency facet nerve denervation
- Pericutaneous disc decompression (nucleoplasty)
- Lumbar Discography
- Stellate ganglion and lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Rib injections
- Pain blocks for pelvic pain syndromes
- Spinal cord stimulator (Neuromodulation)
- Knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow injections
All results of the patient's evaluation, treatments and progress are shared with their referring physician and other involved parties.
Need a Physician to Manage Pain?
Call 1.877.GO MERCY to find a doctor who manages pain, or use our our Find a Physician online tool.