Pain Management - Mercy Suburban
Pain afflicts individuals' activity level, mood, sleep patterns, interpersonal relationships and ability to function at work. Pain that persists and has not responded to conventional treatments such as heat/ice, rest, anti-inflammatory medication, previous surgical interventions or conventional physical therapy modalities, is commonly referred to as "chronic pain."
The Pain Treatment Program at Mercy Suburban Hospital, provided by Premier Anesthesia, focuses on treating chronic pain. Our physicians are specially trained and experienced in the treatment of pain. As there are different types and causes of persistent pain, there are various treatments. All the patient plans in the program are prescribed by pain specialists and are individualized to meet the patient's needs.
The goals of treatment include:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Avoiding the need for surgery
- Decreasing the dependency on pain medications
- Earlier return to work or baseline activity level
The Pain Treatment program treats the following types of pain:
Types of Pain Treatment
The patient's treatment program, which is administered on an outpatient basis at Mercy Suburban, may include:
- Epidural steroid injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, caudal) - intralaminar or selective transforaminal
- Sympathetic blocks
- Facet blocks
- Radiofrequency neurolysis
- Percutaneous Disc Decompression
- Joint injections
- Intercostal nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulator (Neuromodulation)
- Intraspinal infusion pump
- Trigger point injections
All results of the patient's evaluation, treatments and progress are shared with their referring physician and other involved parties.
Physicians who perform Pain Treatment at Mercy Suburban Hospital
- Yevgeny Chernyak, MD
- David Heyman, DO
- Bruce Levin, MD
- Tom Haley, DO
For More Information
For more information about pain treatment at Mercy Suburban Hospital, please call 610.292.6509.