Know the signs of stroke to increase the likelihood that you'll get treatment before it's too late.
If you or someone you know is having any of the symptoms below GET TO A HOSPITAL or CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY to receive emergency care.
Stroke Warning Signs
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Sudden nausea, fever, vomiting, or having brief fainting spells.
Receiving treatment within the first few hours can greatly reduce the risk of permanent damage or even death.