Diagnostic Breast Services
Mercy Cancer Care offers a full range of interventional and diagnostic radiology services. If further evaluation is recommended following a diagnostic digital mammogram or breast ultrasound, the patient will meet with members of the multidisciplinary team, including the cancer care coordinator/nurse navigator to have questions answered and learn more about the testing moving forward.
In addition to diagnostic digital mammography and breast ultrasounds, Mercy Health System facilities offer:
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided cyst aspirations
- Ultrasound-guided needle localizations
- MRI (for diagnostic and screening of high risk individuals)
- Mammography-guided needle localization
- Stereotactic core biopsy
- Sentinel node injection and nuclear scan
- Mammosite for Breast Cancer Care
- Stereotactic Breast equipment
- Breast MRI with Dyna CAD
- Breast and prostate ultrasound biopsies
- PET (positron emission tomography)
Patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer or another breast abnormality may return to their nearest Mercy hospital for further treatment, including surgery.