Mercy Recognized in U.S. News & World Report
(Conshohocken, PA – July 16, 2014): Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia and Nazareth Hospitals have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as Best Hospitals in the Philadelphia Metro Area. U.S. News & World Report ranked the three Mercy Health System hospitals (Mercy Fitzgerald and Mercy Philadelphia are jointly ranked as Mercy Catholic Medical Center) among the top 23 – out of 96 – hospitals in the region.
“It’s rewarding for our hospitals to be recognized for consistently excellent clinical outcomes. This is a testimony to our health care teams’ commitment to delivering high-quality and person-centered care in our communities, ” says Kathryn Conallen, chief executive officer and senior vice president of acute care operations at Mercy Health System.
Mercy Fitzgerald and Mercy Philadelphia Hospitals are also honored for high performance in the specialty of urology while Nazareth Hospital is also honored for high performance in neurology and neurosurgery. The hospitals are ranked among the top 50 hospitals in all of Pennsylvania.
U.S. News & World Report updates its Best Hospitals list each July. According to U.S. News & World Report, Top Hospitals are ranked in 16 different specialties from Cancer to Urology. For 12 of the 16 specialties, an extensive analysis combines measures of performance in three primary dimensions of healthcare: structure, process and outcomes. Rankings in the four remaining specialties are based on hospital reputation, determined by a physician survey.
The U.S. News & World Report rankings expand on the number of recent quality recognitions for the Mercy Health System hospitals, including:
- Primary Stroke Center re-certifications for Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia, Mercy Suburban and Nazareth Hospitals
- 2014 Get with the Guidelines® Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care for Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia and Nazareth Hospitals; and 2013 Get with the Guideline® Silver Plus Award for Stroke Care for Mercy Suburban Hospital
- 2014 Get with the Guidelines® Gold Plus and Gold Awards for Heart Failure Care for Nazareth Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, respectively; and 2013 Gold Awards for Heart Failure Care for Mercy Philadelphia and Mercy Suburban Hospitals
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence accreditations for Mercy Philadelphia and Mercy Suburban Hospitals
- Commission on Cancer accreditations for Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia and Mercy Suburban Hospitals
The full list of Best Hospitals is available online at www.usnews.com/hospitals.