How to Apply for the Transitional Year Program
The Transitional Year Residency Program at Mercy Catholic Medical Center (MCMC) participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program for the residency application process.
All applications must be made through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications received by fax, email or mail will not be accepted.
Transitional Year NRMP Number
- Pending or recent graduation from a US Allopathic or Osteopathic Medical School
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Successful completion of both Steps I, II & II CS-USMLE or COMLEX 1, 2-CE, & 2-PE
- All residency candidates must fulfill MCMC employment requirements.
Applicants must possess United States Citizenship or a Green Card. No VISAs are sponsored in this program.
Applications are accepted through ERAS only (no paper applications). Please do not email the program director your application profile, or request pre-approval for applying to the program. Such requests will not be reviewed.
Residents enrolled in Mercy Catholic Medical Center programs must be licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine or State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.