Home is where your medications are best managed. It can be hard to remember what each medication is for, when you should take it, and how you should take it. Mercy Home Health’s medication management program will help you keep track of your medications and learn how to take them properly and safely.
Did you know…
- Injury resulting from the improper use of medication results in 700,000 visits to the emergency room each year
(*Data source: www.cdc.gov/medicationsafety)
- Improper use of medications can cause worsening of chronic illness symptoms
- Many patients and caregivers are not aware of safety warnings and potential side effects of their medications
Medication Management can help you:
- Identify and review all medications
- Organize and follow your medication schedule
- Become educated on correct dosing, safety, and potential side effects
- Get the most benefit from your medications
- Understand how to best take your medications
In the most recent quality data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Mercy Home Health outscores other state and national home care agencies.
Nearly three quarters of Mercy Home Health patients improved in taking their medications correctly after receiving our services.
(Click image to view larger)
*Results based on 30-day readmission rates for all payors.