Health Insurance Marketplace
Need Health Insurance?
New coverage options are here!
Learn more and sign up at www.healthcare.gov at the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Don’t know about the Health Insurance Marketplace?
You should. It’ll help you find health insurance that fits your budget, with less hassle. Whether you’re uninsured, or just want to explore your choices, the Marketplace can help you find a plan that’s right for you. Don’t miss out – Enroll now as enrollment takes place November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015.
Top three reasons to sign up for Health Insurance
- If you or a family member gets sick, you won’t have to worry about big medical bills or going into bankruptcy.
- The insurance plan you choose will be there to cover all of the care you need.
- You will be able to find a plan that fits your budget.
Three things to know about the Health Insurance Marketplace
- It’s an easier way to shop for health insurance
The Health Insurance Marketplace simplifies your search for health insurance by gathering all your options in one place. One application, one time, and you and your family can explore every qualified insurance plan in your area, along with any free or low-cost insurance programs you may qualify for.
- Most people will be able to get a break on costs
Programs that lower costs are available for almost everyone. You may be eligible for a free or low cost plan, or a new kind of tax credit that lowers your monthly premiums right away. New rules and expanded programs mean that even working families can get help paying for health insurance at the Marketplace.
- Gives you control over your options with clear, apples-to-apples comparisons.
All health insurance plans in the Marketplace present their price and benefit information in simple terms you can understand, so you don’t have to guess about your costs. You get a clear picture of what you’re paying and what you’re getting, before you make a choice.
- 2014 Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Ends December 31, 2014
- If you are happy with your current Marketplace plan and want to keep it - and your income or household size have not changed - you don't need to do anything. The Markeplace will automatically re-enroll you in your existing plan.
- If you want to select different cover or you are being covered for the first time, to ensure coverage begins January 1, 2015 you must select new coverage by December 15, 2014.
- Open Enrollment runs - November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015
- Work-based insurance and Medicare have different enrollment periods.
- You can apply for Medicaid at any time.
There will be new, affordable insurance options available for people without insurance.
- All insurance plans will have to cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, and prescriptions.
- Financial help is available so you can find a plan that fits your budget.
- If you have a pre-existing condition, insurance plans cannot deny you coverage.
- All insurance plans will have to show the costs and what is covered in simple language with no fine print.
- You will be able to compare plans all on one website.
- Help will be available online, by phone, and in person to find the plan that works best for you.
Why Health Insurance Marketplace?
As part of the 2014 health care law, there is a new way to buy health insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace is designed to help you find health insurance that fits your budget, with less hassle.
Learn more at:
- www.healthcare.gov (A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Enroll America (A nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to ensure that all Americans are enrolled in and retain health coverage)