Keep your independence: Mercy Life Sharon Hill can make the difference
For most of us, the saying holds true: There’s no place like home.
Now newly opened, Mercy LIFE Sharon Hill can help older people live safely in their own homes.
LIFE stands for Living Independently for Elders,” says Molly Crumley, Director of Operations at Mercy LIFE. “And Mercy LIFE Sharon Hill’s services help Delaware County elders stay independent and out of nursing homes.”
Participants can get in-home help with tasks like cooking and doing laundry. And they can also use the Sharon Hill senior day center every weekday. There they can:
- Have two healthy meals each day.
- Enjoy social and recreational activities. “Bingo is a favorite!” Crumley says.
- Participate in crafts and classes, like ceramics and gardening.
- Take day trips to nearby attractions, like the Camden Aquarium.
- Meet Archie! The golden retriever and his pals visit each month to offer furry friendship.
And transportation is provided. So getting to and from the center is easy.
So much more than a day center
A key part of Mercy LIFE services is meeting each person’s healthcare needs. At Mercy LIFE’s four centers throughout Philadelphia and Delaware County, doctors and other providers offer:
- Primary care
- Nursing care
- Dental care
- Vision care, and much more
There’s even a gym area for physical and occupational therapy.
“Without this program, seniors might have to go to multiple places to get the same care we offer all in one facility,” Crumley says.
Finally, there’s peace of mind for families. With Mercy LIFE, your loved one will be safe and happy—and will get all the right care. And for North Philadelphia, South Philadelphia and Delaware County residents, it’s right near home.