Total Joint Replacement
You want a joint replacement program that offers not just high quality, but also person-centered care. At Mercy, you can have both. Available at all locations, total joint replacement can improve mobility, eliminate pain and get you back to the activities you love.
Nazareth hospital, is recognized as Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Indepdence Blue Cross.
Aspects of the program include:
- Free community education seminars about knee and hip pain, joint replacement
- Preoperative educational classes to help patients learn what to expect from surgery
- Top specialists experienced in the latest advanced surgical techniques to increase mobility and reduce pain
- State-of-the-art operating room facilities with dedicated orthopedic staff
- Dedicated nursing units with private beds
- A pain management team who works with patients to minimize pain, and to start walking as soon as possible after surgery
- Comprehensive physical therapy and occupational therapy
- A culture of wellness and early patient mobility—patients track their progress and wear their own clothes
- Family members or friends are encouraged to participate in the recovery process as the patient's coach, improving the overall healing Patients are provided with a personal plan with a goal to discharge directly to home with outpatient therapy
- Seamless transition to Mercy Home Health Services and outpatient rehabilitation therapy
- Top patient satisfaction scores
Rothman Institute Orthopedics at Nazareth Hospital