Scope of Care
For each patient, we develop a comprehensive and individualized rehab program to be carried out by care takers and therapist. This unit’s friendly atmosphere will allow you and your care takers and therapist to get to know each other on a personal level. You will feel comfortable to ask questions and give real input into your therapy plan.
To qualify for this program, a patient must have functional limitations that require this level of therapy. Areas of limitations may include:
- Self-care skills
- Bowel and bladder function
- Energy conservation
- Community reintegration
Discharge planning is an integral part any rehab program. Each individual’s discharge plan includes provisions for the environment they’ll enter when they leave the Unit. The majority of our patients return to community settings.
In addition, patients admitted to this program must meet specific criteria, including needing at least two of the following (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech):
- Require specialized Physician Management (Physiatry)
- Require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing and supervision
- Can participate in an intensive level of at least two therapies, three hours a day, five or more days per week
- Have a stable discharge disposition
Patients admitted to this program typical have a variety of different diagnoses. Some of the more common are:
- Lower extremity joint replacements
- Hip fractures and other orthopedic conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Congenital deformities
The acute rehab program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
For admission information, please call Stacey Pavlak, OTR/L at 215.828.3851 or Angela Nickel, RN, BSN, PCCN at 215.828.3853.